Very little aspect to improve in the Search in Files modal window: remember File Masks

marQIsoft

Aug 22, 2016, 11:23:41 AM8/22/16
to Tinn-R Editor
Hi,

The Search in Files tool is very useful... and most of the times, we use it to search within R files, or any other preferred language or even raw ANSI text files. In any case, we specify a File Mask to avoid scanning files we don't want to search within. Typically, my search mask will be *.R. But for some reason, the File Mask is not stored, contrary to Directory. Consequently, next time I open Tinn-R, the File Mask is always *.*

Could you make Tinn-R remember the File Mask(s) as well? This way, the current (~default) value would be the last value used, and the list would offer the possibility to use some previously used value...

Thanks.

   Marc.

marQIsoft

Aug 22, 2016, 6:54:09 PM8/22/16
to Tinn-R Editor
 Here I've attached a screenshot of the window I've discussed in the message above.
Search in files window - File mask forgets its setting.png

Jose Claudio Faria

Sep 18, 2016, 8:03:35 AM9/18/16
to marQIsoft, Tinn-R Editor
Dear Marc,

In the tests we did here with the new version (to be released)
4.02.13.00 the search filter has been preserved.

This new version will be released in a few days, please check.

Best,
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Jose Claudio Faria
Estatistica
UESC/DCET/Brasil
joseclaudio.faria at gmail.com
Telefones:
55(73)3680.5545 - UESC
55(73)99966.9100 - VIVO
55(73)99100.7351 - TIM
55(73)98817.6159 - OI
55(73)98129.9942 - CLARO

Marc Laurencelle

Oct 5, 2016, 3:40:24 PM10/5/16
to Jose Claudio Faria, Tinn-R Editor
Hi Jose,

Strangely, I've tested it with version 4.02.17.00, and the Search filter is not preserved from one Tinn-R session to the next. It's only preserved as long as the same Tinn-R session is active.

Do you think that's specific to my installation?
I've been careful to do a fresh install when "updating" to version .17, so it's not likely to be a problem with the config files...

Marc