Tinn-R window-tab bug when trying to open a file that is locked by some external software

marQIsoft

Sep 30, 2021, 9:07:48 AM9/30/21
to Tinn-R Editor - GUI for R Language and Environment
Hi again, Jose,

A small bug I got, not for the first time. When trying to open a file that is already opened (and protected: locked) by a software such as Excel, Tinn-R is not able to open the file and fails to create a new window in the editor. But it still creates a window tab. Which is impossible to get rid of aftewards. Here is what happens after I have closed all valid child windows in the editor. An error msg when trying to "close" the empty tab.

Not a very important issue, but if you have an idea how to solve it easily.

Thanks again

Marc

TinnR bugs after trying to open a binary file in this case a small xlsx document.png

jcfaria

Oct 3, 2021, 6:35:07 PM10/3/21
to marQIsoft, Tinn-R Editor - GUI for R Language and Environment
Hi Marc,
I also noticed what you reported. And I've also noticed similar behavior when wanting to delete folders that have (or had) files that were opened by Tinn-R, when a file opened in Tinn-R is deleted by another application.

I'll take a look (via debug to see if I can identify where the source code can be improved) to give users more freedom and flexibility.

Best,
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Jose Claudio Faria
UESC/DCET/Brasil
joseclaudio.faria at gmail.com
Telefones:
55(73)3680.5545 - UESC
55(73)99966.9100 - VIVO
If you have software to deal with statistics, you have arms,
if you have good software, you have arms and legs,
if you have software like R, you have arms, legs and wings...
the height of your flight depends only on you.