Translating Tinkerer - outdated .po files?

Troels Brødsgaard

Sep 27, 2014, 8:42:50 AM9/27/14
to tinker...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for making Tinkerer, I just started using Tinkerer for my personal blog and I like it a lot.

I would like to provide a danish translation, and started working on it using the .po file for en_gb in the GitHub repo. I translated every item, but some strings are not getting translated, e.g. the "Search" title in the sidebar.

However, I wanted to translate it to danish and found that some strings don't get translated - I guess the distributed .po files are out of date.

I tried building a new .pot file but that didn't work so well - I couldn't figure out how to get the strings embedded in the templates (I haven't worked with gettext before).

Any chance you can update the .po files? I could take another look at it, but if anyone knows how to do it, I would love to hear it.

Thanks,
Troels

Troels Brødsgaard

Sep 27, 2014, 2:53:17 PM9/27/14
to tinker...@googlegroups.com
Well, taking a second look at it sure helped...

I figured out that a new .pot can be generated with

    $ python setup.py extract_messages

And the new .pot file does contain changes from the previous one.

However, the reason that the "Search" title in the sidebar isn't translated is simply that the string isn't marked for internationalization! (boilerplate/searchbox.html)

Should I send a pull request with the new .pot file and fixed template?

Raniere Silva

Sep 28, 2014, 9:54:47 AM9/28/14
to tinker...@googlegroups.com
> Should I send a pull request with the new .pot file and fixed template?

Please do it.
signature.asc