how to change index page

ken

Mar 11, 2013, 12:50:31 PM3/11/13
to tinker...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm new to tinkerer. How would i go about editing the contents of the index.html page. I would like to create a landing page which gives a bit of blurb and then a list of posts with no content (similar to archive.html). Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Vlad Riscutia

Mar 12, 2013, 4:11:44 PM3/12/13
to tinker...@googlegroups.com
One way that you could do this is to provide a custom template to replace aggregated.html. This template is rendered in your index.html and subsequent pages (older posts). It looks like this: https://bitbucket.org/vladris/tinkerer/src/tip/tinkerer/themes/boilerplate/aggregated.html. You can do something similar to the instructions for adding a css file (http://tinkerer.me/doc/more_tinkering.html#add-a-custom-stylesheet) but instead of customizing page.html, you would customize aggregated.html and instead of adding css, you can tweak or even completely rewrite the template. Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,
Vlad