Read this if you are suffering from an infinite refresh cycle when using Tincr

Ryan Ackley

Jul 29, 2013, 1:11:25 PM7/29/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I just had this problem and was able to fix it by adding a meta tag with the utf-8 encoding to the head section of the page I was developing

It's the result of a couple of bugs. The reason the above fixes it: Tincr loads files from the filesystem using utf-8 encoding but depending on your platform and/or web server, Chrome won't always load content using utf-8 unless you tell it to. If you have non-latin characters in your source. The content in your browser doesn't match the content on the file system so Tincr keeps trying to reload it. It shouldn't do that but while I work on fixing that, you can use the above work around.

Mike Nelson

Aug 13, 2013, 9:22:41 PM8/13/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, thanks!

Josh Coody

Sep 25, 2013, 12:50:45 PM9/25/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I am still having this issue even with the meta tag. While it does stop eventually now, it is still refreshing about 15-20 times.

Peter Rottmann

Nov 22, 2013, 4:44:13 AM11/22/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it did not help with the Hash-Bug in URL.
Add a #marker to an url and infinite reload happen.