TimVideos Hackfest 2018 - Please fill out (even if not attending)!

mit...@mithis.com

Sep 28, 2017, 3:16:49 AM9/28/17
to timv...@googlegroups.com
Google Forms
Hi everyone,

Every year TimVideos holds a hackfest before Linux.conf.au in January. During the hackfest we work on improving open video capture software and hardware for usage at the conference & other events.

This survey is being sent out to understand who can attend, for how long, and what funding we need to secure to make that possible.

*** Please respond even if you are only thinking of coming! ***

As LCA2018 is in Sydney, Australia - the city Tim calls home - we are hoping to make the event *bigger* this time around. We are proposing running a two week long event (instead of the normal single week). The aim is for the first week to be focused on hardware (including the FPGA Project Miniconf) and the second week being more focused on the rest of the stack.

Proposed Dates (all in 2018);
* 22th Jan → 26th Jan -- Linux.conf.au
* 20th Jan → 21st Jan -- A/V deployment
* 13th Jan → 19th Jan -- Proposed TimVideos Hackfest: Week 2 (A/V stack focussed)
* 6th Jan → 12th Jan -- Proposed TimVideos Hackfest: Week 1 (hardware focussed)

Looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

Tim 'mithro' Ansell
TimVideos Hackfest 2018 (before LCA2018)
Every year TimVideos holds a hackfest before Linux.conf.au in January. During the hackfest we work on improving open video capture software and hardware for usage at the conference & other events.

This survey is being sent out to understand who can attend, for how long and what funding we need to secure to make that possible. Please respond even if you are only thinking of coming.

As LCA2018 is in Sydney, Australia - the city Tim calls home - we are hoping to make the event *bigger* this time around. We are proposing running a two week long event (instead of the normal single week). The aim is for the first week to be focused on hardware (including the FPGA Project Miniconf) and the second week being more focused on the rest of the stack. Some potential things are will be targeting are;

* Doing development work on HDMI2USB project, including
- Getting Ethernet streaming working
- Playing with and improving support for new development hardware especially focused on Series-7 support
- Integrating previous students GSoC work, including Rohit's VGA board, ssk1328's video mixing & Ishan's new JPEG encoder core.
- Integrating the new LiteSDI core developed by Felix Held

* Building bridges with other groups developing FOSS hardware including;
- Apertus, the team doing the FOSS video camera
- Alphamax / Kosagi, the team doing the NeTV2 board

* Improving the reproducibility & documentation for deployment of conference recording setups

* Building bridges with other FOSS conference recording groups including; C3VOC, DebConf, FOSDEM and any other group we can convince to come.

Dates (all in 2018);
* 22th Jan → 26th Jan -- Linux.conf.au
* 20th Jan → 21st Jan -- A/V deployment
* 13th Jan → 19th Jan -- Proposed TimVideos Hackfest: Week 2 (A/V stack focussed)
* 6th Jan → 12th Jan -- Proposed TimVideos Hackfest: Week 1 (hardware focussed)
FILL IN FORM
Create your own Google Form