[GSoC] Completing the port of JPEG Encoder to Migen

Adarsh Pal Singh

Mar 8, 2018, 11:21:12 PM3/8/18
to Tim Videos - timvideos.us
Hi all!

I'm Adarsh Pal Singh, a 3rd year undergrad pursuing his bachelor's in Electronics and Communication at IIIT Hyderabad, India. I'm fluent in Verilog, Python, C/C++ and embedded C. I started my journey in embedded systems with microcontrollers (ARM based) and gradually started working on FPGAs. I've worked on Xilinx ISE and Vivado to program Spartan 3E and ZedBoard respectively. Some of my recent projects are-
1. Single cycle MIPS processor design in verilog.
2. Implementation of an elevator controller in Verilog.

I'm interested in the JPEG Encoder project. The following tasks have been undertaken by me so far-
1. I've setup the litex environment and implemented several basic programs in migen as part of the learning curve.
2. I've gone through the technical jargons of the JPEG Encoder from several sources and have a good understanding of it.
3. I'm going through Ishan's repository, who undertook this project last year. As I understand, the basic blocks of the JPEG Encoder have been individually implemented and tested. I'm now trying to run those blocks and get the waveforms on gtkwave.
If I'm correct, the complete integration and hardware testing part of the JPEG Encoder is remaining. Please guide me more on this!

Thanks!