Invitation - Java 8 intro and workshop

Bogdan SOLGA

Nov 30, 2016, 2:09:30 AM11/30/16
to TM-JUG Meetup, timiso...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone!

TM-JUG and our friends from Crossover invite you to a (slightly) informal TM-JUG meeting, where I will present an introduction to some of the most useful features from Java 8 (streams, functional programming and Optional objects), followed by a workshop on them. You can also bring your legacy projects, so that we can 'Java 8 enhance' them; we'll lambda-ify the code, stream-ify the collections and Optional-ize the (potential) NPEs :)

The workshop will be held on the 15th of December, in the 'Atena' hall from Hotel Timisoara, starting from 18:30.

Prerequisites:
  • laptop with JDK 8 pre-installed
  • IDE - IntelliJ IDEA, Ultimate edition (preferably); we'll discuss more about the 'whys' in the workshop.
Have a great week!

My best,
Bogdan

Bogdan SOLGA

Dec 15, 2016, 2:32:31 AM12/15/16
to TM-JUG Meetup, timiso...@googlegroups.com
Kind reminder for today's workshop.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Bogdan

Bogdan SOLGA

Dec 16, 2016, 1:46:32 AM12/16/16
to TM-JUG Meetup, timiso...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone!

We thank you for participating to yesterday's presentation and workshop, and we thank our friends from Crossover for organizing the event.

The presentation can be seen here, and the Github repo can be accessed here.

I wish you a great weekend!

My best,
Bogdan

Radu Cotigă