bower installation problem

Denis Shatov

May 25, 2014, 11:08:10 PM5/25/14
to timez...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm trying to install the latest version of library using bower (v. 1.3.3) but it fails with the following message:
$ bower install timezone-js#v0.4.11
(skipped bower output)
bower timezone-js#v0.4.4                       ECMDERR Failed to execute "git ls-remote --tags --heads g...@github.com:mde/timezone-js.git", exit code of #128

Additional error details:
Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

Other packages (angular, jquery, etc) have been installed successfully.

Trying to run git command mentioned ("git ls-remote --tags --heads g...@github.com:mde/timezone-js.git") manually result in the same error.
After some modification I succeeded to run the command in the following form:
git ls-remote --tags --heads git://github.com/mde/timezone-js.git

Is there some bower packaging error?

Regards, Denis

Matthew Eernisse

May 25, 2014, 11:11:57 PM5/25/14
to timez...@googlegroups.com
The repo is public, and the bower.json file looks fine, from what I can see: https://github.com/mde/timezone-js/blob/master/bower.json

Maybe you need to access it via HTTP instead of SSH?

Denis Shatov

May 25, 2014, 11:21:28 PM5/25/14
to timez...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with bower. To enable access via HTTP instead of SSH should I use full URL starting with http:// (or https://) like
bower install https://github.com/mde/timezone-js.git
or I should somehow configure bower/git?

P.S. Initially I wasn't installing the library directly but as a dependency of angular-tz-extensions.

Matthew Eernisse

May 25, 2014, 11:30:42 PM5/25/14
to timez...@googlegroups.com
Github lists the HTTP URL as:

https://github.com/mde/timezone-js.git

I don't see any error or problem with the bower file. Unfortunately I don't know much about Bower either. The functionality seems kind of redundant with NPM, so I'm not sure when I'd ever use it.

Any way you can simply install it with NPM?

Denis Shatov

May 26, 2014, 12:33:53 AM5/26/14
to timez...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your answers, Matthew!

It seems that it is angular-tz-extensions issue. Incorrect URL (g...@github.com:mde/timezone-js.git#v0.4.4) is specified in their bower.json file.
After removing it from application dependencies and cleaning bower cache timezone-js has ben installed successfully

Matthew Eernisse

May 26, 2014, 12:37:22 AM5/26/14
to timez...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Glad you were able to get it sorted out. :)