Is there any work on support for Mountain Lion?

Joel Waxman

Dec 8, 2012, 2:38:44 PM12/8/12
to timemachinegro...@googlegroups.com
Time Machine Growler does not work well with Growl 2.0 and Mountain Lion is there any work  or plans on fixing the problems?

Peter Hosey

Dec 8, 2012, 3:35:40 PM12/8/12
On Dec 8, 2012, at 11:38:44, Joel Waxman wrote:
> Time Machine Growler does not work well with Growl 2.0 and Mountain Lion is there any work or plans on fixing the problems?

Not at the moment. I have a rough idea of what needs to be done; I just haven't had time to do it this year. If anybody wants to beat me to it, patches are welcome.

(And if anybody wants to do it but can't stand Mercurial, let me know and I'll convert the repository to Git.)

Joel Waxman

Feb 25, 2013, 10:07:39 AM2/25/13
to timemachinegro...@googlegroups.com
Any updates to this problem?

Peter Hosey

Feb 25, 2013, 12:46:26 PM2/25/13
On Feb 25, 2013, at 07:07:39, Joel Waxman wrote:
> Any updates to this problem?

Nope.

Largely because my main machine can't run Mountain Lion, so I'm still running Lion, so I'm not affected by this most of the time. If anyone wants to beat me to the punch, have at it.

https://github.com/boredzo/TimeMachineGrowler/issues/2

Joel Waxman

Dec 13, 2013, 11:12:31 AM12/13/13
to timemachinegro...@googlegroups.com
Has there been any progress on getting this to work?

Peter Hosey

Dec 13, 2013, 12:35:56 PM12/13/13
On Dec 13, 2013, at 08:12:31, Joel Waxman wrote:
> Has there been any progress on getting this to work?

rarify12 has a fork that may be better than nothing:

https://github.com/rarify12/TimeMachineGrowler

I haven't merged it in because there are one or two other things that need to be handled, particularly at the other end of a backup.

Meanwhile, my own situation hasn't changed: my main machine is still a Lion box.

Robert S Brewer

Dec 14, 2013, 9:38:47 AM12/14/13
to timemachinegro...@googlegroups.com
My main goal with using TMG was to be alerted when backups had not run for some period of time, and Mountain Lion now does this on its own. Of course if you want more detailed notifications, then you still need TMG.

--

---

Robert Brewer
http://excitedcuriosity.wordpress.com/