Fan goes up when using TimeMachineGrowler

runar

Jan 29, 2010, 7:24:06 AM1/29/10
to TimeMachineGrowler discussion
Recently the fan on my MacBook Pro 13" (2,26) has started going faster
when I use TimeMachineGrowler. When I quit the application, the fan
instantly stops.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening, or what data I should
submit to this group/the developer?

Peter Hosey

Jan 30, 2010, 12:25:28 AM1/30/10
to timemachinegro...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 29, 2010, at 04:24:06, runar wrote:
> Recently the fan on my MacBook Pro 13" (2,26) has started going faster
> when I use TimeMachineGrowler. When I quit the application, the fan
> instantly stops.
>
> Anyone got any idea why this is happening…

It's usually because you have a lot of messages in your Console log,
which is where TMG searches for Time Machine backup messages. Check
the Console and see what's been writing to it lately.