using Tilestache to create maptiles from image

Amy Boucher

May 30, 2019, 6:55:01 PM5/30/19
to Tilestache
I am trying to create maptiles from a tiff or jpg image using python code.  I am not an experienced coder and having a difficult time reversing the example code on the TileStache page. Can anyone help?

Travis Kirstine

May 31, 2019, 8:39:09 AM5/31/19
to Tilestache

If all you need to do is convert images to a set of tiles you could look at gdal2tiles.  This can be installed fairly easily if using windows with the OSGeo4w (shell)

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/

https://gdal.org/programs/gdal2tiles.html#

Another option could be maptiler

https://www.maptiler.com/

Tilestache is more meant for vector data

Regards