mbtiles and S3 cache

fgs

Jun 20, 2017, 2:35:30 AM6/20/17
to Tilestache
Hi,

I'm new to tilestache but thanks to the well written documentation i was able to setup tilestache with "mbtiles" provider and get things working.
In the setup, tilestache is running on an EC2 instance fronted by gunicorn and with nginx as the reverse proxy.

I was wondering since I'm not rendering any tiles dynamcially does it still make sense to setup a cache?
If it does help improve performance with a cache, which would be a more appropriate choice between S3 and memcache?

The way I see it is that rather than using S3 as a cache, can't I upack the tiles and upload them to S3 and serve them direct?
This would mean less systems and components to manage.

Appreciate any comments and insights. Thanks guys.