Can't change or add layers in tilestache.cfg

Carl Sack

May 1, 2014, 1:13:03 PM5/1/14
to tiles...@googlegroups.com
I am working with MBTiles, and have been able to configure Tilestache to serve my tileset. My problem, though, is that I was only able to do this by changing the provider and URL in the existing "example" layer, like so:

{
  "cache":
  {
    "name": "Test",
    "path": "/tmp/stache",
    "umask": "0000"
  },
  "layers":
  {
    "osm":
    {
        "provider": {"name": "proxy", "provider": "OPENSTREETMAP"},
        "png options": {"palette": "http://tilestache.org/example-palette-openstreetmap-mapnik.act"}
    },
    "example":
    {
        "provider": {
"name": "mbtiles",
"tileset": "file://var/www/sandmap.mbtiles"
}
    }
  }
}

I cannot add a new layer and make it work. In fact, if I try to change the name of "example" to something else, and then use that layername as the directory in my browser URL, I get the page with "Known unknown! "layername" is not a layer I know about. Here are some that I do know about: example, osm." I can still use "example" as the directory and my tiles show up (yes, I have erased my browser cache to test this). This is the only tilestache.cfg file on the server. It seems like "example" and "osm" are hard-coded as the only recognized layer names somewhere outside the cfg file, but I am stumped as to where or how to change/add to them. Anyone got any ideas?

isbhod

Apr 5, 2017, 12:27:19 PM4/5/17
to Tilestache, northla...@gmail.com
I know it's been a few years, but I am running into this issue.  I thought that in order for tilestache to see any changes in the tilestache.cfg one needed to run tilestache-seed.py, but due to what I think are odd python errors I am not able to reproduce my efforts.  Did you ever find a solution and if so what was it?

Thank you.