Tile Factory 2 Logo Contest

Jonathon Duerig

Jul 20, 2011, 8:52:50 PM7/20/11
to Tile Factory
I'm officially announcing the Tile Factory 2 Logo Contest.

Deadline:

August 15th, 2011

Grand Prize:

1 Copy of SpaceChem (http://www.spacechemthegame.com/)
Entry into the Order of Tessera (see below)

Information:

I am looking for a new logo for Tile Factory 2. I want a vector-
formatted logo that I can shrink down to make cool thumbnails for
upload onto sites and that I can blow up to show on the main menu. The
format should be Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG). A good free SVG
editor is Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/). The logo will be a single
standalone graphic which should represent the game or gameplay in some
way.

To make an entry, you need to post a link to a png of your logo here
in this thread and link or email me a copy of the raw svg file. Valid
entries must be released with a Creative Commons Attribution License
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Make sure to specify
the license when you post if you want your entry considered.

The winner will be chosen by me and receive a free copy of Spacechem
via the Steam gifting interface. The winner's logo will appear as the
logo for Tile Factory 2 and will also be included is part of a level
in the game. The winner will be noted in the Tile Factory 2 credits.

I may at my discretion award a free copy of Spacechem to 0 or more
additional participants if I deem them to be 'Honorable Mentions'. If
there are any Honorable Mention logos, they will appear in the game as
part levels in the game and will be mentioned in the credits.

The grand prize winner and any honorable mention winners will all be
entered into the Order of Tessera, an organization I made up. They
will get early access to builds of any games I make in future for
testing purposes.

Rules:

This is an informal competition, so the rules are simple: don't be
evil, obscene, or rude. Only submit logos you created yourself. Feel
free to make multiple entries.

I will happily answer any questions.

-D

CJ

Jul 20, 2011, 11:09:26 PM7/20/11
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
Cool! Just need to convert this horrible logo to a vector for an example. Hey, it's just an example, I don't expect it to win.
eNqtlnvO2yAMwKnNIwnpQ3nuNt0hVu0i+387zpQdYhwsEiMBEq
B07fepVqwkv9jGgE17IOTLiRg5rA8/AADRXBQYHJAggQNQZChA
IAeOBZRYYAmUMsrMRTnjVDBBC1bQkpW0YhWTVEqoQWKNRzzCCU
9wxjNc8AKS1lSymkle81pIIYu6kGVdyqqWdSXlkZ/4SRzFmV/4
WVxEAy202GAHPXTY4wAjDDjiQEc6sJENfOSDGEXPO96LTrS8FY
1oeFO0RVO2ZVO1VSNb2VV9NVRj1cleDnKU+he5rfrX6rIEE/mq
rf5cdWHmYflg75vczLebu1vRgRg8pWzlqV3ON8tyvi/Gc7nEM5
v8NOJVyM4svwrm6eb1vyyTX06uxmvR0HZyMGR/zPtvx2bHrt+N
2TfnO8fjhGsQsimd4RO7dcVnN59Zb2zWls3b/CzVznBneoO21p
bYenZ37fbD5DBre/djhFaTjxZa3cgH5NX6w0DfIddA3yFv6w8v
mQZJjgh/HkSWD9qI+AzCasyzF8+DF/vt1T33VeUY7vWX5uJrL2
S75d0u67tdvurc1meOA71eLj/b+8qlrfYzQrkzQmmbsrWMztjk
4LDx9GKVxtPBEA99s2Msb2m8GLn6szT5DYjgo3iLIbmLZ+nTeI
nzB+NFcJ2b0uqqlAp9lYPhGCsxGsVzhlENuspN1nnVOBevYV2G
JOob5XVnG9rsVGC42QVw75lcr36yf/Xu/5wRcu+bss/8j3jMKD
nrfz4ORHk=

CJ

Jul 20, 2011, 11:14:25 PM7/20/11
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
I don't want to win anyway. Because I already have all of the prizes listed. Besides, I don't want this logo showing up at TF2.

Bval

Jul 22, 2011, 2:51:19 AM7/22/11
to Tile Factory
I made a logo and have a .svg .png and even a .jpg file of it but have
no idea where to send it since I don't have a way of making a link
unless I upload it to some other site. I don't know what a Creative
Commons Attribution License is or how to get one. I am not interested
in the prizes or even in the credit. I was just having some fun. If
you are interested, let me know how to do what you are asking. I am
not completely computer dumb but that is beyond me. If you don't have
the time to explain, no problem ... I still love your game.

Bval

Jonathon Duerig

Jul 22, 2011, 11:25:38 AM7/22/11
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com

bval, you can upload the jpeg or png to an image sharing service like
imgur or flickr and post a link so people can see it. The svg you can
email directly to me by attaching it to a message. If this is still
confusing, send me email privately and I can help more. :)

-D

CJ

Jul 22, 2011, 11:52:10 PM7/22/11
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
I suggest min.us becaus it's user friendly. Try it.

Bval

Jul 24, 2011, 9:33:33 PM7/24/11
to Tile Factory

Thanks for the info ... I thought it was more complicated than
that ..... still don't know what the licence is hehe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65587190@N07/5972616154/in/photostream/

If you hate it .... don't tell me!

belnumcree

Aug 5, 2011, 10:16:06 AM8/5/11
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
Seems my prior post didn't show up, in the meantime I've worked on a new incarnation of the original. Here they both are.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/belnumcree/TileFactory2.png
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/belnumcree/Tilefactory22.png

(If I need to do something different to release the images let me know.)
BelnumCree's TF2 Logos by Belnumcree are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

belnumcree

Aug 8, 2011, 8:29:36 AM8/8/11
to Tile Factory
Looks like the first link isn't working right. Reuploaded

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/belnumcree/TileFactory2-1.png
> Attribution 3.0 Unported License<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/>
> .

Jonathon Duerig

Aug 15, 2011, 12:53:55 PM8/15/11
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
This is the final day of the Tile Factory 2 logo contest. If you have
a submission, be sure to send it in today.

Also, the license thing is just you giving permission to me (or anyone
else) to use your logo. Just post in the thread that you release it
under the license (giving permission for other people to use it or
create derivative works as long as they give you credit) and that is
all that is needed.

-D

Bryce Anderson

Aug 15, 2011, 9:43:42 PM8/15/11
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
My submission:  http://bayimg.com/aAJLBaaDJ

CC-licensed, commercial, sharealike, whatever you need.

belnumcree

Aug 16, 2011, 10:40:43 AM8/16/11
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
I really like that design. Kudos.