Similar Game: Factorio

Jonathon Duerig

Aug 9, 2014, 1:09:14 AM8/9/14
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
Hey all. Traffic on the group has been very low of late. But I wanted to let you know about an interesting new game I've been playing recently called Factorio. It isn't a puzzle game like Tile Factory is, but it has some of the flavor of the game with conveyors moving various items around the map at the same time and processing one thing into another.

Take a look at factorio.com

Feel free to post any other similar games to Tile Factory here. And if there are any newcomers with more Tile Factory creations to share, please feel free to post them and I'll take a look.

geironul

Apr 6, 2015, 11:41:29 PM4/6/15
to tile-f...@googlegroups.com
I ran into this game Infinifactory and it reminded me of Tile Factory. I spent a lot of time playing Tile Factory like 4 years ago, and this game really reminded me of it. Reminded me enough to actually look up Tile Factory. Just wanted to thank you Jonathon for making a great game that I spent far more time on than I should have.

Jonathon Duerig

Apr 7, 2015, 12:13:32 PM4/7/15
to Tile Factory
You're welcome. I'm very glad that people had a lot of fun with Tile
Factory. :-)

I like Inifinifactory a lot myself. And Zachtronics, the folks who
made it, were part of the original inspiration for Tile Factory as
well.

The other similar game that I'm keeping my eye on is Jahooma's LogicBox:

https://logicbox.jahooma.com/

There are 10 sample levels and it looks like a full release is
imminent any day now. Jahooma took their Flash game that was released
a while back and is expanding it into a full size game with tons of
levels.