With R-4.2.0, tikz fails with an error like "graphics API mismatch"

Ernst Molitor

May 9, 2022, 4:02:35 PM5/9/22
to tikzdevice
Dear fellow tikz users,

with current R-4.2.0, I came across the "graphics API mismatch" error trying to use tikzDevice. Reinstallation of the most recent version did not remedy the problem; I'd be very happy if someone could help with that matter.

Kind regards,

Ernst

Ernst Molitor

May 11, 2022, 3:28:31 AM5/11/22
to tikzdevice
Dear fellow tikz users,
deleting /usr/local/lib64/R , recompiling and reinstalling R-4.2.0 and all the nice packages I'm using all the time, including tikzDevice, solved the problem I have described above. I fail to grasp why reinstallation of tikzDevice alone has not led to this result, but I can accept my limited understanding of the details now that tikzDevice works like a charm with R-4.2.0.

Kind regards,

Ernst