_XGetReqest

sblinkhorn

Jan 10, 2022, 7:13:58 AM1/10/22
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
I have tigerVNC running under NetBSD-7.0/amd64 on two machines for two different purposes.  One is to provide access to 6 other headless NetBSD servers, local and remote, via a vncviewer running on a Windows10 machine.  The other is to provide remote access to services for customers using noVNC in a browser.

In both circumstances I get errors involving _XGetRequest as an 'Undefined PLT symbol'.
For instance, in the second case I want to call xsetroot with the -cursor_name attribute, which fails.  But I can, for instance, call xsetroot with the -solid attribute set with no error.

What I can't discover is in which library _XGetRequest is meant to be, or whether it is intended to be compiled into tigerVNC itself.

Version 1.8.0.

Pierre Ossman

Jan 12, 2022, 5:08:24 AM1/12/22
to sblinkhorn, TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
That's from libX11, and it should normally be linked dynamically to
TigerVNC. Those errors sound like some build issue. E.g. TigerVNC was
built against a different version of libX11 than the one used when
actually starting TigerVNC.

I would suggest reporting it to the TigerVNC maintainer in NetBSD.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development
Cendio AB https://cendio.com