Failure daemonizing 71

Andrew Rose

Jun 21, 2022, 2:36:31 AM6/21/22
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Hi, i faced with starting issues of vncsesstion.
/usr/sbin/vncsession andrew :1

it close with "Failure demonize" error 71. systemd service failed with same error.

cat /home/andrew/.vnc/config
session=budgie-desktop
geometry=1920x1080

 cat /etc/tigervnc/vncserver.users
# TigerVNC User assignment
#
# This file assigns users to specific VNC display numbers.
# The syntax is <display>=<username>. E.g.:
#
:1=andrew
# :3=lisa

And i create strace dump:
in attachment

trace.log

Andrew Rose

Jun 21, 2022, 2:39:06 AM6/21/22
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
And little detail (x0vncserver working fine)

вторник, 21 июня 2022 г. в 09:36:31 UTC+3, Andrew Rose:

Pierre Ossman

Aug 19, 2022, 8:20:21 AM8/19/22
to Andrew Rose, TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
On 21/06/2022 08:36, Andrew Rose wrote:
> Hi, i faced with starting issues of vncsesstion.
> */usr/sbin/vncsession andrew :1*
>
> it close with "Failure demonize" error 71. systemd service failed with same
> error.

Unfortunately, that's a very generic error. So we need to dig deeper.

> And i create strace dump:
> in attachment

Thanks, that is helpful. It doesn't tell us what is wrong, but I can see
that it has logged to the journal. Could you have a look there and see
what the error is?

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development