Fedora 38 getting suspended while connected via vnc

Shaun Nichols

Apr 19, 2023, 10:11:01 PM4/19/23
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Have had tigervnc on Fedora for years, worked fantastic on headless machines. Upgraded to F38 today and now the system suspends after 15ish minutes no matter what I am doing with vnc connection running, terminal with 'top' running, vlc watching streams, etc. I assume there is a new setting, policy, something in Fedora that does not recognize the vnc connection is active and thinks its time to slumber. Is there any vnc setting to maybe keep the OS from suspending? I have gone through any / all power management settings in Fedora, now checking the vnc side of the equation.

Pierre Ossman

Apr 20, 2023, 1:32:46 AM4/20/23
to Shaun Nichols, TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
No, I'm afraid we don't have any power management settings in TigerVNC.
So this needs to be resolved somewhere in the system settings.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development
Cendio AB http://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Shaun Nichols

Apr 20, 2023, 7:01:37 AM4/20/23
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Didn't think so, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

william seo

May 1, 2023, 7:30:16 AM5/1/23
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support

Hi!

How are you?

How is everything going?  Hope all is well!

We have skills to boost your website personal blogs. We are providing strong back-links that can Increase Your Website Traffic as well as Your Website/Blog Ranking over Search Engines.

1)- Posting in Time

2)- Will offer discount on Bulk Orders

3)- Your post will fall into the correct category as I have a huge inventory of Sites.

4-) Permanent Guest Post

Websites URLs SEMrush Traffic US Traffic Monthly Visit

https://leedaily.com                            89.7K                48.65%       183.2K

https://landscapeinsight.com        28.5K              24.31%     141.6K

https://gossipsdiary.com               27.2K              41.56%     143.4K

https://startup.info                         22.7K              25.64%     331.5K

https://www.techstry.net               19.5K               29.75%     67.4K

https://www.techfollows.com        16.1K               23.87%     280.3K

https://expressdigest.com            7.59K               29.94%     181.1K

https://geekymint.com                  6.65K               23.64%      397.9K

https://stanfordartsreview.com     2.71K               43.78%      39.6K

https://techbullion.com                 53.5K               29.31%      452.3K

I want to work with you. Give me one chance to work with you.

Kind Regards

John Dongworth

May 6, 2023, 5:05:36 PM5/6/23
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Did you get to the bottom of this Sean..? Seeing similar behavior on Arch.....if i disconnect the (tiger)VNC Viewer session, the server device will hibernate. Have also seen the session disconnect and hibernate the device after a few mins of connectivity.

Server devices (laptop) has power management disabled (ie never hibernate while plugged in) and yet it still does it when connected via TigerVNC

Henrique Martins

May 20, 2023, 4:49:20 PM5/20/23
to John Dongworth, TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
> Server devices (laptop) has power management disabled (ie never hibernate while plugged in)

Does it also suspend if set it to "never hibernate", regardless?

-- Henrique

(Assuming there is such a setting, as I usually just do "powercfg -h off" on my servers (not laptops)).