vncviewer on RDP on Fedora 34 (Hyper-V guest)

Pedro

Sep 23, 2021, 12:08:04 PM9/23/21
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Apologies for the double post, the first one was classified as Spam.
Message follows:

Hi!
My setup is a Fedora 34 as guest in Hyper-V. I use RDP so I can have Hyper-V's "Enhanced Session" (basically a RDP via vsock).

I did a reinstall from scratch of the guest and now all TigerVNC's vncviewer's created windows are transparent.

Does anyone have some pointers where to start to debug this?

> -Log *:stderr:100
shows no relevant error messages

> env XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 vncviewer
crashes vncviewer

I can check again but I think fiddling with the encodings also didn't work. Not sure if I tried every sequence though.

Screenshot as attachment.
Left side of the screenshot: gedit window.
Right side: true black of ( google for: Win3x_Black_Screen_of_Death.gif )

Thanks in Advance,
Pedro
Captura de ecrã de 2021-09-20 14-11-45.png

Pedro Francisco

Oct 11, 2021, 12:07:39 PM10/11/21
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Hi there!
Adding/setting max_bpp=24 on xrdp.ini fixes it.

Thank you for reading!