libfltk.dll, libbrotlienc.dll, libbrotlidec.dll and libzstd.dll were not found

Антон Яблоновский

Dec 27, 2022, 2:52:49 PM12/27/22
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
I have successfully compiled TigerVNC on Windows 10 using https://github.com/TigerVNC/tigervnc/wiki/Compiling-TigerVNC-for-Windows.

After starting TigerVNC, I get several dll errors (libfltk.dll, libbrotlienc.dll, libbrotlidec.dll and libzstd.dll for TigerVNC Viewer). After moving the dll files to the vncviewer folder I got the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application". Please, help me to build TigerVNC for Windows." error message. Please help to compile a TigerVNC Viewer for Windows 10.

Антон Яблоновский

Dec 28, 2022, 10:44:25 AM12/28/22
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
I also tried to build TigerVNC via Dockerfiles from https://github.com/TigerVNC/tigervnc/issues/1038. But failed the same :(

вторник, 27 декабря 2022 г. в 21:52:49 UTC+2, Антон Яблоновский:

Pierre Ossman

Dec 28, 2022, 11:08:14 AM12/28/22
to Антон Яблоновский, TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
That error indicates something more fundamentally wrong with the
binaries, from what I can find about it.

Is your build system matching your environment? E.g. building 64-bit
binaries for a 32-bit system?

I don't understand where brotli and zstd are coming from. Have you
modified TigerVNC or any of the components?

Do our builds work on this system?

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development
Cendio AB https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Антон Яблоновский

Dec 28, 2022, 2:14:22 PM12/28/22
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Size of the vncviewer and size of installation exe are smaller than your exe files. I don`t change anything, just follow the instructions (2 Dockerfiles and https://github.com/TigerVNC/tigervnc/wiki/Compiling-TigerVNC-for-Windows). I get these errors regardless of the bitness of the system. Can you give me correct instructions or correct Dockerfile for building TigerVNC for Windows?

среда, 28 декабря 2022 г. в 18:08:14 UTC+2, oss...@cendio.com:
Screenshot_2.png

Anton Yablonovsky

Jan 4, 2023, 5:56:25 PM1/4/23
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Hello. What information do you need from me to help solve the problem? All dll files are in C:\msys64\mingw64\bin. I can`t understand, why this doesn`t work for me.

среда, 28 декабря 2022 г. в 21:14:22 UTC+2, anton...@gmail.com:

Anton Yablonovsky

Jan 7, 2023, 6:54:50 PM1/7/23
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Hi. I fixed the dll errors. Just add the required dll path to tigervnc\build\release\tigervnc.iss file before "mingw32-make.exe installer". For example, "Source: "C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/libfltk.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion restartreplace;".

четверг, 5 января 2023 г. в 00:56:25 UTC+2, Anton Yablonovsky: