How to use SSL in tigervnc server?

im.na...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2017, 4:20:02 AM8/3/17
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Hi
I need guide for creating SSL(key,cert)and use it on tigervnc server.root

Pierre Ossman

Aug 31, 2017, 7:17:47 AM8/31/17
to im.na...@gmail.com, TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
On 03/08/17 10:20, im.na...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
> I need guide for creating SSL(key,cert)and use it on tigervnc server.root

You should use the same method as for a web server. E.g. using certbot:

https://certbot.eff.org/

Once you have a key and certificate you specify those when starting the
VNC server:

./vncserver -SecurityTypes=X509Vnc -X509Cert=myserver.cert
-X509Key=myserver.key

It should not be more complicated than that.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development
Cendio AB https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

im.na...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2017, 4:27:07 AM9/2/17
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support, im.na...@gmail.com
Hi
Thank you for answer.
But I want to save the path of the certificate files permanently to a configuration file.

Pierre Ossman

Sep 4, 2017, 9:02:47 AM9/4/17
On 02/09/17 10:27, im.na...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi
> Thank you for answer.
> But I want to save the path of the certificate files permanently to a configuration file.

Yes, it is also possible to put this configuration in one of:

/etc/tigervnc/vncserver-config-defaults
/etc/tigervnc/vncserver-config-mandatory
$HOME/.vnc/config

See the man page for more info:

http://tigervnc.org/doc/vncserver.html

im.na...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2017, 1:12:46 AM9/5/17
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support, im.na...@gmail.com
Hi
Thank you so much.

im.na...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2017, 8:46:27 AM9/5/17
to TigerVNC User Discussion/Support, im.na...@gmail.com
Hi
Unfortunately, this method did not work.
I created a key and a certificate(by openssl).
But, the securitytype option in the config file is not supported.
My os is redhat 6.8.

Pierre Ossman

Sep 5, 2017, 10:20:39 AM9/5/17
to im.na...@gmail.com, TigerVNC User Discussion/Support
Are you using the TigerVNC that's included with Red Hat? If so, then
that is too old to do what you want. Please ask Red Hat to upgrade, or
use a later version from us.