Any other transport protocol for TigerVNC?

Nooshin Eghbal

Feb 3, 2022, 9:28:25 AM2/3/22
to TigerVNC Developer Discussion
Hi,

I was wondering if TigerVNC could run over any other protocols like QUIC/UDT to avoid the Head-of-Line blocking problem of TCP?

Thanks,
Nooshin

Pierre Ossman

Feb 3, 2022, 9:31:40 AM2/3/22
to Nooshin Eghbal, TigerVNC Developer Discussion
On 03/02/2022 15:28, Nooshin Eghbal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if TigerVNC could run over any other protocols like
> QUIC/UDT to avoid the Head-of-Line blocking problem of TCP?

No, that's not currently possible. And would probably require a redesign
of the protocol as it currently is designed to update the screen in
distinct steps.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development