Help always needed

Pierre Ossman

Mar 1, 2021, 6:40:12 AM3/1/21
to TigerVNC Developer Discussion
Just a reminder that we always appreciate people helping out where they
can. We core maintainers unfortunately don't have time for all the
questions and issues that arise so anything you can do to pitch in is
most welcome.

There are a lot of open issues on github that could use some developer
attention in pinpointing the problem. So if you're a developer then that
would be one good area to help out.

We also have usage questions both on github and here on the mailing
lists. If you feel like you can provide some help or insight then go
right ahead.

You don't have to be an official maintainer to help out here. Everyone's
contribution is welcome. :)

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development
Cendio AB https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Pierre Ossman

Apr 20, 2021, 2:33:10 AM4/20/21
to Joachim Falk, tigervn...@googlegroups.com
On 17/04/2021 14:50, Joachim Falk wrote:

> in this regard, I just created an appstream metainfo XML file for Debian to be used for TigerVNC viewer.
> You might want to add it to the project. File attached.

Thanks. I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with the appstream files or how
they should be used. Do you think you could do a PR with this, with the
appropriate additions to CMake to install it where it needs to go?

Joachim Falk

Apr 20, 2021, 5:25:12 AM4/20/21
to tigervn...@googlegroups.com, Pierre Ossman
Hi Pierre,

Am 01.03.21 um 12:40 schrieb Pierre Ossman:
> Just a reminder that we always appreciate people helping out where they
can. We core maintainers unfortunately don't have time for all the questions and issues that arise so anything you can do to pitch in is most welcome.

> There are a lot of open issues on github that could use some developer attention in pinpointing the problem. So if you're a developer then that would be one good area to help out.
>
> We also have usage questions both on github and here on the mailing lists. If you feel like you can provide some help or insight then go right ahead.
>
> You don't have to be an official maintainer to help out here. Everyone's contribution is welcome. :)

in this regard, I just created an appstream metainfo XML file for Debian to be used for TigerVNC viewer.
You might want to add it to the project. File attached.

Best,

Joachim
org.tigervnc.xtigervncviewer.metainfo.xml
OpenPGP_signature