It is finally happening, we're making an actual new release. :)
This is the beta for what will become TigerVNC 1.4.0. A lot of changes has happened since the last major release, but the big highlights for this release are:
- Colour map (aka indexed, palette) mode is largely removed. TigerVNC is still compatible with other VNC implementations, but you can no longer run Xvnc in colour map mode.
- Improvements to the keyboard handling both on the server and client
- Support for newer Xorg versions in the server build
- x0vncserver now supports XDamage for instant updates, making it slightly less useless
- IPv6 support on the servers (not WinVNC though).
- WinVNC now works in service mode on newer Windows versions
- Better full screen mode for the Java client on OS X
- man pages should now be up to date
- Improved TLS implementation in the Java client
- Lots and lots of cleanups and bug fixes
Binaries are available from bintray:
Please test and report any bugs you find.
-- The TigerVNC developers