Uninstall/reinstall (to choose an option) deleted my faves/thumbnails

SpacemanSpiff

Dec 16, 2009, 12:28:04 PM12/16/09
to Tidy Favorites
Per this thread,
http://groups.google.com/group/tidyfavorites/browse_thread/thread/bb4c400b059ede83/50dc764a2f59b5bb?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=%22new+tab%22#50dc764a2f59b5bb,
I wanted to prevent TF from opening on every new tab.

Per instructions, I uninstalled. It asked me if I wanted to Remove
User Data, I clicked No.

I reinstalled TF, checked the option the way I wanted it this time,
and now all my favorites are gone! Sucks!

Now, I did think of one thing: I exported by bookmarks first, so I can
import them back into TF.

What I didn't count on is having to download and rearrange all the
thumbnails I've done to this point!

Remove User Data = No doesn't do me any good if things do not come
back when I reinstall. Any way to get them back?

OS: XP SP2
Browers: IE8, FireFox 3.5 (whatever: latest), Chrome (latest)
TF ver: 5.00

Thanks!
Spiff |^{D

OrdinarySoft

Dec 16, 2009, 1:08:55 PM12/16/09
to SpacemanSpiff, Tidy Favorites
Hi,

At first please take a look at a recycle bin.
Also please check does you setup portable or normal version. Depend of
this the database located in other place.

Also please try reboot.
--
Best regards, Dennis Nazarenko
http://www.ordinarysoft.com

SpacemanSpiff

Dec 27, 2009, 11:44:15 AM12/27/09
to Tidy Favorites
Thank you very much, Dennis! That resolved my issue.

And I will "eat crow" on this one. When I read the database could be
in more than one place, I went searching for it. I found TFV.FDB in
both "C:\Program Files\Tidy Favorites" (the larger, older version) and
"C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Tidy
Favorites" (smaller, newer version).

Apparently, I must have installed the portable version the first time
and forgot (or didn't think it mattered). Though, by the way, I still
think one should be able to to prevent TF from opening on every new
tab without having to reinstall.

In any case, thank you again and sorry for any attitude I gave out (I
was frustrated).
Spiff |^{D