Will we see a program version of TF ?

Dove

Jun 9, 2010, 2:34:54 AM6/9/10
to Tidy Favorites
Will we see a program version of TF ?

Because an Application TidyFavorites was The Unique - one and only !!!
And I'd love using only it !!!
(especially like as a portable)
And won't use only "service" , because these kind services are a lot
and none gets us advantages like a program TidyFavorites!!!

So , will we see TidyFavorites AS A PROGRAM in the future ?

I want to believe that we will.

OrdinarySoft

Jun 9, 2010, 4:37:06 AM6/9/10
to Dove
Hi,

> Will we see a program version of TF ?

No.

Actually if you think about this and try new online version you will
understand that you get much, much, much, much, much, much more
benefits then usual offline version.

At first -
- Get access in any time from every ware. If you travel that’s very
important that you can get access to your sites even from internet cafe
in aeroport (when you don't have a flash)

- Get access via mobile devices such as iPhone

- More powerful new GUI (less space on drive, less memory usage etc.)

- No more problem with synchronization

--
Best regards, Dennis Nazarenko
http://www.ordinarysoft.com

Zettabyte.me

Mar 3, 2012, 2:43:09 PM3/3/12
to tidyfa...@googlegroups.com

Because an Application TidyFavorites was The Unique - one and only !!!
And I'd love using only it !!!
(especially like as a portable)

Exactly.

This service is no different than anyone else's - there are 3 other competitors with online visualization bookmarking services that actually have more fundamental anchors rooted in serious researching, reporting, and intelligence, one is quite similar to TidyFavorites as an online service, unfortunately, taking all of the originality and uniqueness out of the original project. They seem to have taken their sights off of their original target, which happens all too often and then the Lemmings all jump off of the mountain top together in one big bubble burst of nothing-ness.

And won't use only "service" , because these kind services are a lot
and none gets us advantages like a program TidyFavorites!!!

Pre-zact'ly.

So , will we see TidyFavorites AS A PROGRAM in the future ?

I want to believe that we will.

We all do, but as he answered below, it does not appear as such, although I do see a download still for the windows desktop version, for whatever that's worth. I'm not sure how recent a copy of that is, nor whether it is still being currently supported, etc. However; having said that, lean companies with a unique and dead-on product that completely fill a missing niche in an over-saturated market, can very easily be re-thought out, re-managed, be filled with one or two new board members, new hires, buy-outs, fires or what have you, and remain at great potential to perform a quick and immediate about-face to doubly spawn a product development cycle for both the lightweight desktop app and the elementary "heavy-weight, heavy-GUI" "cloud-based" "service" "online" "over-rated" "app".

@OrdinarySoft:

1.  That's too bad and very short-sighted of you all.  I'm disappointed.  There will never be a future without a desktop application market. Ever.  Bad move.

I have thought about it (it didn't take long), and the online version gave me much, much, much, much, much, much more redundant and frivolous "get it from anyone" junk than I was informed (by The Kim Komando Radio Show) I would receive, want and need.

2.  I don't need access from everywhere.  I need access from my desktop, a portable transfer to my usb key, and then access from that usb key to (occasionally) my laptop.  I am not a unique user by far. I have been in the computer security and IT industry for over 21 years now and have used every single piece of technology under the sun and beyond the stratosphere, and this is as straightforward as it gets for most of us.

If I am travelling, I have my usb/portable bookmarks already installed, or if I don't have them updated and i can't remember enough about what was so important that I can't do a quick instant recall and an immediate search, well, then I already knew that was a risk in the first place, and would have chosen to use the online service if i didn't trust my own personal abilities, or be willing to assume the very small risk of not being able to recall a string of semi-unique searchable text and other key words, you know? I'm not playing devil's advocate, by any stretch. I'm shooting straight from the hip and putting all the cards on the table with the hope that your company won't crash your flagship niche product just to jump on board with all of the other Lemmings. It's fine to offer the same model, but man, to completely and utterly commence development on the client side app that got you noticed and set you apart from the pack (isn't that what this game is all about, anyway?) is irrevocably suicidal.

3.  I don't have an iPhone.   I don't want an iPhone.  I don't want to surf my bookmarks when I'm on the phone. I want to conduct business calls and/or personal calls when I'm on the phone or drive when I'm not working. I don't want to play games, listen to music, or download the latest apps on my phone. I want to talk on my phone.

4.  I don't want a more bloated (sorry... "powerful") GUI. I want a tidy, tightly coded, neat, trim, light GUI, uncluttered, minimal amount of imaging and graphics needed to visually represent what is needed for me to to thumb through my bookmarks reasonably quickly while keeping this nice and TIDY.

Remember? Tidy? Tidy, Tidy, Tidy???

5.  But, I should never have problems with my synchronization if I'm using a desktop client that runs multiple browsers because the client should interact with all of the browsers that I run (INCLUDING MAXTHON, THE ONLY LEADING BROWSER ON THE MARKET THAT DOES NOT CRASH, DOES NOT HAVE BUGS, IS NOT BLOATED, DOES NOT REQUIRE SECURITY ADD-ONS, IS THE FASTEST BROWSER TO DATE) no, I don't work for them nor know any of their employees, stock holders, investors, or board of directors -- I just simply got tired of firefox crashing and forcing updates down my throat, etc., switching back and forth and forth and back to Opera, upchucking when I tried Chrome, Crying when using K-Melon and it losing all my bookmarks constantly, etc., etc., and finally found Maxthon, have been successfully using it for over 3 years, and it's only on it's 3rd release -- each one for PERFORMANCE.  They have synchronization of bookmarks across browsers, because you have an option of logging in when you use the browser as a part of the small community to join the msg boards, whatever, so while you're logged in, if you want to sync, you sync, if you don't, you don't.

At any rate, I mention them because YOU DON'T. That angers me. They're the best browser out there and you don't even have a clue as to who they are. Well, gee... I bet you have no clue as to who www.duckduckgo.com is, either, do you?

They happen to be THE best search engine on the planet. Inifinity beyond google. Yahoo? A joke. Micro-what's engine? Please. Bai-who?  And yes, I actually do know the genius behind this little doosie. She's fantastical.  Her team is outrageous and their multi-dimensional engine is off-the-charts. Check them out. http://www.duckduckgo.com  They use a unique !bang syntax, too. Almost 99% of the time I get my perfect result at the top spot. No ads. No tracking. Nada. Configure your engine anyway you want it to look if you care to. Lots of goodies. Clean interface. Free stickers. I should get paid for a sales pitch but I'd just give it right back to them.

You might want to add THEM to your "Pro" add a search button version while your at it.

Just my .02.  I think you all are worth it. Obviously, I've spent some time here letting you know that, right?

In closing, I humbly submit to you and yours a sincere request for your reconsideration on the cessation of your application development for TidyBookmarks.

Thank you for at least allowing me to demo what you have. I was really looking forward to what Kim Komando touted on her show as "The Desktop Bookmark Jewel You Have To Own".

Cheers.

Delores