Sync = merge? ... TFVShutdown raising DCOM errors

Jay William Weed

Mar 6, 2010, 1:13:46 PM3/6/10
to Tidy Favorites
[Sorry, I am not capable of writing simple English. This will
probably not make any sense to any translation software. You will
need assistance of native or fluent English-speaker.]

Atlho we at Weed(ww)Ware Computing are trying to keep an open mind for
at least a couple of more weeks using Tidy Favs, it is with some
trepedation and the expectation of having to fork over some USD for
other, non-freeware bookmark manager.

Dennis: where are the docs? If not local Help file in installation,
please expand online InterNet docs, at least the FAQ. (I wish I had
the leisure to contribute to this effort.) Without these, I have had
to resort to experimentation (with TeraByte ULtd Image backups) to
deduce answers. I now post here for confirmation of some conclusions,
and especially to make some suggestions and some urgent requests.

(1) At first, it seemed that "sync" was more like "merge" or "append"
inasmuch as duplicates ["name"(2)] were being produced in IE 8 Favs.
Further testing looks better; jury is still out. It could be my
"operator error" in checking IE for BOTH input AND output on sync?
You might want to add the logic to "gray-out" (disable) "other"
corresponding checkbox as soon as one is checked for a given
browser ... if there is no bi-directional sync functionality for a
single browser, which may be impractical if not absurd.

(2) Worst Tidy Favs 5.0 bug /vis a vis/ IE 8 on XP Pro might be TF
"flashing" or oscillating display in IE 8 after as-yet-undefined
conditions. This seems, so far, to be recoverable, and maybe does no
damage. Probably more urgent is TFVShutdown raising DCOM errors on
System Log (server not registering within timeout). TF "not
responding" to "end task" (it eventually does; it just takes too long
and presumably raises DCOM error) is probably related.

More ... later, after some reaction to these two. My 1GB of RAM could
very well be insufficient for the demands I have placed upon it.

-- JWW

OrdinarySoft

Mar 6, 2010, 2:18:07 PM3/6/10
to Jay William Weed, Tidy Favorites
Hi,

The reason of duplicates may related to selected settings during
export/import or synchronization. Also duplicates may appear on the
All favorites page if you setup program on the second PC since it try
to merge Favorites for second PC.

In conclusion I want to say -
Forget about Tidy Favorites
and burnout with Tidy Favorites Online!!!!

Yes. In 7 days we will start public Alfa testing of new Online engine.
From previous we get only conception and improve it.
So soon you will get online freedom with best Favorites organizer ever
made. :))

--
Best regards, Dennis Nazarenko
http://www.ordinarysoft.com

Mr Rubot

Mar 7, 2010, 11:44:08 AM3/7/10
to Tidy Favorites
Dennis,

Once Tidy Favorites Online goes live please post the link to it. After
fighting with TF, Windows 7 and the latest versions of Opera (10.5),
Firefox (3.6) and Iron (4.0), I have deactivated TF.

Thanks

Michael Acklin

Mar 7, 2010, 4:35:52 PM3/7/10
to tidyfa...@googlegroups.com
I am in the same situation as you, Mr Rubot, except I didn't mess with
Opera/Iron.

I finally had to shut it down and just using the plain old Bookmarks
with Firefox (3.6). I miss TF and will have to wait and see what the new
version that comes out has to offer. I too will be waiting for the link
when it comes out.

khm...@aol.de

Mar 8, 2010, 7:07:35 AM3/8/10
to tidyfa...@googlegroups.com