edit-text widget : needs some clearing up in its Notes section

S. S.

Feb 8, 2019, 11:52:31 PM2/8/19
to TiddlyWikiDocs

Tiddler: EditTextWidget

It feels to me like the flow of the Notes section of needs working on. For an intermidiate user who has faced the issue before, it gives the required information. However for a newer user, it is quite hard to follow.

Also for the below, I believe changes (or more rewording) need to be made, as it is possible to use the widget the way shown (by pasting in the text), but very problematic to type in text :

From: One trap to be aware of is that the edit text widget cannot be used to edit a field of the tiddler that contains it.
    To: One trap to be aware of is that the edit text widget should not be used to edit a field of the tiddler that contains it.

AND

From: In short the EditTextWidget can not change properties of the tiddler it is embedded in or part of. It can only change fields of other tiddlers. One could use ShadowTiddlers to accomplish the field storage if needed.