Scratcihing My Head

Alvin Orzechowski

Dec 10, 2020, 10:50:15 AM12/10/20
to TiddlyWikiDocs
This old dinosaur is a long-time user of ClassicTW, which I know pretty well.

I have a NoteSelf file and I'm trying to learn TiddlyWiki5. Yesterday I tried creating a table and including a tiddler in a tiddler (are these even the right words?) I found something about tables which didn't work, and I never did find how to include a tiddler in a tiddler.

BTW, I was looking in the Reference tiddler on the tiddlywiki.com website.

Help. Thank you.

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 10, 2020, 10:53:08 AM12/10/20
to TiddlyWikiDocs
Hi Alvin

This group is for discussion about improving the official TiddlyWiki documentation.

Tables are covered in "Tables in Wikitext" which shows up on tiddlywiki.com if one searches for "tables".

"Including a tiddler in a tiddler" is called transclusion, but that's a bit harder to look up when one doesn't know the term. Do you have thoughts on how that could be handled?

Best wishes

Jeremy

Alvin Orzechowski

Dec 10, 2020, 12:59:45 PM12/10/20
to TiddlyWikiDocs
Thanx, Jeremy. I didn't expect an answer from you. It's been a long time.

Tables: That's where I found what I said didn't work in NoteSelf. Actually looks the same as in ClassicTW, so I'm guessings it's a NoteSelf problem.

Transclusion: I'll check it out.

So the old documentation for ClassicTW was pretty good; I always found my answer. Didn't you guys begin with that as your model?

Alvin Orzechowski

Dec 10, 2020, 1:25:16 PM12/10/20
to tiddlyw...@googlegroups.com
Transclusion works as advertised, Jeremy. :-)

What I did wrong in my table was I started the table code in the line after I hard-coded a horizontal line HTML tag. When I inserted one more blank line all was well—almost like the old days.

Now, if I could only get step by step instructions on how to port my ClassicTW TiddlySpot files to another host with password protection...

Thanx as always for your help.

Alvin
From the Land of Those Who Don't Have Time for Change, Except to Vote for a New President of the United States.

--