TiddlyWiki5 Typescript

blarg H

Jan 15, 2020, 2:14:19 PM1/15/20
to TiddlyWikiDocs
Hi All,

I was wondering if Tiddlywiki5 is compatible with using Typescript rather than Javascript or if anyone has had any success with using Typescript with Tiddlywiki.

Thanks

Blarg

Noah Lange

Jan 26, 2020, 4:24:21 AM1/26/20
to TiddlyWikiDocs
Hey, I'm a mostly-TS dev and have been working on some plugins and bare-bones typings over the last few months. It's certainly made some things easier for me.

Long story short—you can make it work, but it's not for the faint of heart. You'll end up having to write most of your own typings, so you'll have to be comfortable reading/writing declaration files as well as digging into and picking apart the TW codebase yourself.

If you're primarily interested in getting stuff done, there currently aren't many compelling reasons to use TS. On the other hand, if you're a "journey, not the destination" kind of person with some patience and time to spare, it could be worth looking into.

Best of luck,

Noah