Poll-Time for fetching Tiddler-List not *dynamically* configurable

Mirko Richter

Sep 18, 2020, 7:06:23 AM9/18/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi,

for my project i'd like to change the Poll-Intervall for calls to the server-side "tiddlers.json" dynamically. Currently it is initialized in $:/core/modules/syncer.js either from the options-Param or via the hardcoded field Syncer.prototype.pollTimerInterval within this same tiddler.
The pollTimerIntervall is than used whenever the next intervall is set (also in this file) via the follwing code:

triggerNextSync = function() { self.pollTimerId = setTimeout(function() { self.pollTimerId = null; self.syncFromServer.call(self); },self.pollTimerInterval); };

Can the intervall be made Tiddler-Configured with respect to the current wiki-state?

Thanks,
Mirko

PMario

Sep 18, 2020, 7:26:53 AM9/18/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
On Friday, September 18, 2020 at 1:06:23 PM UTC+2, Mirko Richter wrote:

Can the intervall be made Tiddler-Configured with respect to the current wiki-state?

I think it would be possible. .. But what do you mean by "current wiki-state"

-m

Mirko Richter

Sep 18, 2020, 8:02:57 AM9/18/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
This just means: by using the value in a config-tiddler. if it changes, the poll-time should also change accordingly. Sorry for the lack of clarity...

Mirko