Node: Tiddler corrupted with full linux path

phil...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2020, 3:10:46 PM11/30/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi All,

After uploading a bunch of Tiddlers to a local server in my home and running TW, the TW on the server thinks some existing tiddlers have the full filepath in the title.

For example

- MyWiki/tiddlers has a file called
- - MyTid.tid with title: MyTid as one of the n:v pairs

After uploading the folder MyWiki/tiddlers and starting the Wiki:

Searching TW reveals only a tiddler called "/home/wikis/MyWiki/tiddlers/MyTid.tid"

This also corrupts the information in the tiddler itself when viewed from the actual wiki, as all the n:v pairs are just dropped in the text field of the tiddler.

The only thing I can think of here is that it appears the .tid files store their n:v pairs in alphabetical order instead of keeping the TITLE: field at the top of the file. I'm thinking this could cause some default behavior where TW uses the filepath as the tiddler name if it doesn't see "TITLE:" at the top of the .tid file.

If the TITLE position is indeed my issue, my next question is why this is happening, why are the .tid files having their pairs reordered?

Sincere thanks,

Phil

saq.i...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2020, 1:26:34 AM12/2/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Are you running the latest code from Git or version 5.1.22 from npm?

clutterstack

Dec 8, 2020, 10:19:02 AM12/8/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Phil, if you're still here..following on from Saq's response, do you have any custom fields containing multiple lines of text?

There was an issue with this in 5.1.22 running on node. Saq wrote a patch to fix it. See this thread for more info.

Even if Phil doesn't come back, maybe someone searching will find this (doubtful with the search functionality of Groups, but...). Hopefully all new wikis will be on 5.1.23 soon anyway.

Best,
Chris

saq.i...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2020, 10:27:45 AM12/8/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
The original description of the problem reminds me of what happens if you have non .tid format files in the tiddler directory.

@clutterstack do note that the multiline fields issue is now patched in the latest pre-release.
Cheers,
Saq

phil...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2020, 3:32:10 PM12/11/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Saq and Chris,

Apologies for the slow reply, and Saq really appreciate your quick response to my original inquiry.

I think you have nailed it, the issue seems to be the multi-line fields. It seems tiddlers with line breaks in a field were being converted to json and/or corrupted.

Not sure if the json behavior is a cause or a symptom or what, but in any case I'm glad there's a fix, this one was a doozy I thought I was going nuts!

Phil

saq.i...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2020, 3:43:31 PM12/11/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
@Phil the .tid format does not support multi-line fields apart from the text field. Therefore tiddlers with such fields should be saved as .json files. However, this behaviour was not properly implemented but is now resolved in the very soon to be released TiddlyWiki 5.1.23