hiveBroker under NW.js now available on GitHub

Okido

Mar 30, 2023, 1:31:02 PM3/30/23
to TiddlyWikiClassic
Hello All,

hiveBroker running on NW.js is now available on GitHub, have a look here.
There is a Linux and Windows version.
hiveBroker provides a tool to manage your classic TiddlyWiki's from one TiddlyWiki.
hiveBroker creates a dashboard with badges linking to TiddlyWiki's on your drive, clicking the badges opens a TiddlyWiki in a new window.
hiveBroker can do basic operations like copying, renaming and deleting TiddlyWiki's.

Have a nice day, Okido

Reto

Mar 31, 2023, 7:47:23 AM3/31/23
to TiddlyWikiClassic
Hi Okido,

can you please explain shortly what hiveBroker does? Or for what use cases it is intended?

Cheers
Reto

Okido

Apr 1, 2023, 9:59:48 AM4/1/23
to TiddlyWikiClassic
Hi Reto,

I added some more information here, copy of it here below:

hiveBroker the story
hiveBroker can be your starting point for all your classic TiddlyWiki's.
TiddlyWiki classic is traditionally used in a browser like Firefox or Chrome or in TiddlyDesktop.
TiddlyDesktop provides a more application like look and feel, it runs on NW.js an is suited for TiddlyWiki classic and TiddlyWiki 5.
Over the years saving a TiddlyWiki in a browser became more and more difficult and I started looking for something else.
My starting point was that I only wanted to use classic TiddlyWiki's, on NW.js or Electron , with a very open architecture.
First I wrote a very basic saver to use TiddlyWiki classic with NW.js. From a running TiddlyWiki classic on NW.js you can open another TiddlyWiki classic in a new window.
The same as one would use tabs in a browser.
Because I use several classic TiddlyWiki's I needed something to organize, categorize and find them with ease.
The hiveBroker-Plugin.js makes this possible, this plugin can generate a tiddler with file information in it for all folders/files in selected folders on your drive.
The generated tiddlers have buttons to do basic things like delete, rename, copy and start your classic TiddlyWiki.
From the tiddlers a dashboard is generated that shows you bagdes for all classic TiddlyWiki's or files that you selected, by extension, badge color, tags and sorted by number of clicks.

Have a nice day, Okido

Reto

Apr 3, 2023, 8:00:32 AM4/3/23
to TiddlyWikiClassic
Ok, thank you, Okido. I'll give it a try some time.