Find places where a tiddler is transcluded

Soren Bjornstad

Aug 5, 2020, 6:39:45 PM8/5/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Is there any practical way to find all the tiddlers that a tiddler is directly transcluded in?

In an ideal world, I am imagining a filter operator that would work rather like links[] or backlinks[] do, where only "hard" links that can be detected by a quick look at the wikitext count. Say, '[[SomeTiddler]transcludes[]]' would find the tiddlers that contain a reference to {{SomeTiddler}} (or perhaps {{SomeTiddler||SomeTemplate}}, or maybe with a suffix {{SomeTiddler!!SomeField}}). Attempting to propagate this search through multiple levels of transclusion would presumably be impractical, and probably not even very useful.

A transcluding[] operator that finds all tiddlers transcluded by the input would also seem to make sense.

Immediate use case: I would like to be able to transclude small bits of reference information in multiple places and then display on the reused tiddler all the locations where it's being used.

Diego Mesa

Aug 5, 2020, 7:00:38 PM8/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Soren,

I just came across this pull request which at least partly addresses your concern: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/4766

Soren Bjornstad

Aug 5, 2020, 7:26:15 PM8/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ooh, thanks Diego. I'll comment over there.