İlk oxunmamış mesaja keçin

n berggie

oxunmamış,
4 iyn 2020, 15:31:3204.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
I'm not sure what the best way of asking this is but does anybody know which method of creating/editing Tiddlers is the most efficient for keyboard-only use?

As a student, lectures go by very fast and are not always available online (to everybody). Between, writing equations in LaTeX, using all of the many different features to structure notes best, and many more things, it can be hard to keep up. I set up TiddlyDesktop on my computer but fear that it requires too much mouse movement.

I can use a coding IDE to edit each (less-than efficiently & far from traditionally) in this style but I was hoping if anyone knew of the best keyboard-only way of creating & editing tiddlers; One strong in keyboard commands and Tiddler navigation.

Please link me if there is already a particular discussion on this matter. ((sorry)) Thanks!
(Currently I use Linux, but I hope that doesn't discourage responses)
Nick

Mohammad

oxunmamış,
4 iyn 2020, 15:45:1904.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
I am sure people come and give you options

Option one:

- Open $:/ControlPanel and head over Keyboard Shortcuts
for example on windows

alt+N create new Tiddler
ctrl+Enter save tiddler
Esc cancel saving

Option Two

But I like the rQuickTid

The author is twMat! It is possible to add two shortcut keys

- alt + N to open the note-taking window
- alt + S or similar to save the note

Its the simple one!

--Mohammad

Adam S.

oxunmamış,
4 iyn 2020, 18:38:5204.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
I prefer BTC's brilliant navigator plugin. It jumps from title to tags to the body of  the tiddler with tab, makes dropdown menus keyboard friendly (can choose with up/down arrows and enter) etc., it is as close to perfection as it gets. I am using it without any problems with the current version of TW. I can't find it anywhere though so I attached it (I hope BurningTreeC doesn't mind).
tiddlywiki-navigator.html

TonyM

oxunmamış,
4 iyn 2020, 20:04:5904.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
N,

I have taken notes myself in class, and was more concerned it get saved, if I am typing lots of text into a tiddler, there are a number of approaches;
  1. Get additional buttons in edit mode so you can save without closing the current tiddler and keep typing {Edit Buttons here https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html Thomas Elmiger)
  2. Use a tool to count the characters entered and save automatically every n characters (Edit counter here https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html  Thomas Elmiger)
  3. Develop a method for inline editing of a tiddler, that saves every key stroke, depends on impact on autosave (This can be involved you will need to research it)

All of these methods are already available as a result of previous community contributions,
autosaving the wiki also helps,

Note: When working in class the two new solutions notowrity and bulletstream/stream which also offer inline editing may work for you.

I also found making custom classes as shorthand useful for example
:.q My question

Applied a class called q (for Question) so when viewing my notes the questions stood out in orange, to ask the trainer.

Regards
Tony

PMario

oxunmamış,
5 iyn 2020, 08:32:4105.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Have a closer look at this looooong thread here in GG. ... BUT be aware: The mentioned plugin is BETA at the moment and there WILL incompatible changes to the tiddler field names and even to the mechanism, that builds the structure.

So don't use for production atm!

have fun!
mario

Georgia K

oxunmamış,
5 iyn 2020, 13:48:2505.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I wish for the same thing for a while and now I do that by some browser extensions to have vim-like keystrokes / keyboard operation ... though it's limited to the browser and more keyboard shortcuts native to TW would be really great.

Diego Mesa

oxunmamış,
5 iyn 2020, 13:57:0205.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
I fully agree! I wish this entire thing was part of the core!

Reet Pandher

oxunmamış,
5 iyn 2020, 14:11:5705.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
I raised a request on Github regarding this today.
Do put your ideas there if you have any. Who knows we might get lucky and the devs implement them.

Reet Pandher

oxunmamış,
5 iyn 2020, 14:17:5305.06.20
kimə TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

How did you add shortcuts? I can't see any obvious way to do so!!
Hamısını cavablayın
Müəllifə cavab yazın
Ötür
0 yeni mesaj