sort operator: difference between different sort operators

Mohammad

Feb 8, 2020, 1:11:19 PM2/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
See https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#sort%20Operator

sort Operator

3rd February 2015 at 10:42pm
Common OperatorsField OperatorsFilter OperatorsNegatable OperatorsOrder Operators
purposesort the input by text field

This should be wrong! sort operator sorts inputs by title or sort[field] by indicated field

Where can I fine difference between all sort operators in Tiddlywiki?

--Mohammad

TonyM

Feb 8, 2020, 5:05:11 PM2/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

Are you saying the documentation is incomplete?

On tittlywiki.com searching for sort seems show them all.

Regards
Tony

Mat

Feb 8, 2020, 5:10:36 PM2/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad wrote:
purposesort the input by text field

This [is] wrong! sort operator sorts inputs by title or sort[field] by indicated field

I agree. You can make a PR by modifying the doc tiddler.

Where can I fine difference between all sort operators in Tiddlywiki?

In the docs - ? (Where else?) There are only a few.

<:-)

A Gloom

Feb 8, 2020, 5:26:51 PM2/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

another good find! it sorts text, but by field, title field being default ( sort[] )

the sort operators don't have a sort tag in the documentation but are tagged Order Operators

all the sort filter operators can be found in this chart in the Order Operators section

Mohammad

Feb 8, 2020, 11:16:53 PM2/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you all,

I made a PR to correct the documentation.

--Mohammad