[help] Synchronizing TiddlyWikis - a single file and separate tiddlers configuration

r3pli3s

Jun 30, 2022, 10:25:49 PM6/30/22
to TiddlyWiki

Hi there!

I'm still struggling with a mobile workflow (Android) and playing with a few ideas so I'd appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!

Context:

  • I prefer using the separate tiddlers configuration
  • having one file feels like I'm locked in if I'd want to migrate later
  • it's easier to use a file browser to view entries if there is an emergency
  • starting to rely on one "index.html" file feels a bit irreversible (there are export functions, but they support specific formats, not e.g. plugin specific extensions seem to be diregarded (e.g. .md for markdown tiddlers)
  • I'd love to be able to use the share to android app feature to save notes in my TW on my phone

At first my assumption is:

  • There is no Android app which is capable of serving a locally saved TiddlyWiky in the separate tiddlers format.
  • I'd love to be wrong, if there is one - the only approach I've found was running a node server on my phone which is a bit overkill IMO

This leads me to my questions:

  • Is there a way to generate consistently individual tiddlers from a single file "index.html" respecting the original format?
  • Is there a way to use TW on Android in the separate tiddlers format?

Thanks a lot in advance!

PMario

Jul 1, 2022, 1:48:21 AM7/1/22
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 4:25:49 AM UTC+2 r3pli3s wrote:
This leads me to my questions:
  • Is there a way to generate consistently individual tiddlers from a single file "index.html" respecting the original format?

Hi, One way is to start a new empty client-server version and drag and drop import your single-file wiki there. So the single-file tiddlers will be saved back to the server as single tiddlers. -- done.

Or you can use the --savewikifolder command: https://tiddlywiki.com/#SaveWikiFolderCommand

-mario