TW5, hierarchical tags, Taggly?

Noah Zucker

Oct 1, 2017, 12:47:59 PM10/1/17
to TiddlyWiki

I'm a total beginner who's looking to sort notes from books I read. What ways are there in TW5 to have any sort of organizational hierarchy for tags? I've only tried the Taggly plugin and it said it didn't work with tw5, not sure where to turn or what other options are. I guess best case is if I could tag a tiddler "Book 1, Washington, Early Life" or "Book 2, Washington, Mid Life" and based on that have it make a hierarchy from searches like "Washington" into the tags "Early life" and "Mid life".

Anything similar for TW5? I'd be very appreciative for any tips!

Alex Hough

Oct 1, 2017, 1:18:15 PM10/1/17
to TiddlyWiki
Noah,

Mario's "Table of Content - based on a perent field " :

@mario there's a mini typo here "parent" not "prerent"

ALex

On 1 October 2017 at 17:47, Noah Zucker <n.zu...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm a total beginner who's looking to sort notes from books I read. What ways are there in TW5 to have any sort of organizational hierarchy for tags? I've only tried the Taggly plugin and it said it didn't work with tw5, not sure where to turn or what other options are. I guess best case is if I could tag a tiddler "Book 1, Washington, Early Life" or "Book 2, Washington, Mid Life" and based on that have it make a hierarchy from searches like "Washington" into the tags "Early life" and "Mid life".

Anything similar for TW5? I'd be very appreciative for any tips!

PMario

Oct 1, 2017, 1:56:03 PM10/1/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 7:18:15 PM UTC+2, AlexHough wrote:
Mario's "Table of Content - based on a perent field " :

The plugin is very similar to the TOC macros from tiddlywiki.com. ... Using the parent field, you can create your own structure, that's completely independent from the tags.

Feedback is very welcome!

@mario there's a mini typo here "parent" not "prerent"

Thx for the info. ... I'll fix it with the next version.

have fun!
mario
-m

Noah Zucker

RichardWilliamSmith

Oct 1, 2017, 7:43:27 PM10/1/17
to TiddlyWiki
Are you sure you can't just use the built in TOC macros? http://tiddlywiki.com/#Table-of-Contents%20Macros

As you will have probably noticed, one of the biggest problems we have is the 'discoverability' of our documentation :-)

Regards,
Richard
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted