How can I make TiddlyMap look more like a 'traditional' mind-map?

kat

Sep 30, 2019, 8:43:46 AM9/30/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This site was created with TiddlyWiki/TiddlyMap, and has a style of map that I would like to emulate.

Does anyone know how this was done or could be done? I can't seem to get close with the standard TiddlyMap config options.

HC Haase

Oct 1, 2019, 2:17:48 AM10/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
I would like to know this to.. tiddlymap is powerful, but also hard to make structured. I would wish that there was a way to auto align nodes.

I don know how to do it with tiddlymap but, you could use tidgraph. If you have a tree hierarchy it produce very nice tree mind maps and is lightweight (but still configurable). but it can't handle many to many relations like tiddlymap.

Felix Küppers

Oct 8, 2019, 1:30:02 PM10/8/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Tiddlymap has a "raster" feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-3rfrwNgE

Apart from this, you can also change the edge style to "curved" edges or another style if desired

Hope this helps.

P.S. the Université de Genève uses a background image on the canvas and uses tiddlymap to link to tiddlers.

Ste Wilson

Dec 8, 2019, 4:44:32 AM12/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
http://atlas-disciplines.unige.ch/ is certainly an impressive tiddlywiki. We should drop them a line to see if they are willing to share tips and tricks.. Not least how to password protect the edit settings!

Mohammad

Dec 8, 2019, 5:17:21 AM12/8/19
to TiddlyWiki

On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 1:14:32 PM UTC+3:30, Ste Wilson wrote:
http://atlas-disciplines.unige.ch/ is certainly an impressive tiddlywiki. We should drop them a line to see if they are willing to share tips and tricks.. Not least how to password protect the edit settings!

May one inform them to use our Dynamic Tables for sorting their tables :-) :-)

Julio Peña

Dec 8, 2019, 4:13:16 PM12/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Wow! Interesting site indeed!

Diego Mesa

Dec 8, 2019, 7:37:14 PM12/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Wow that is amazing!

TonyM

Dec 9, 2019, 7:57:00 PM12/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Nice site

Tony

A Sklpns

Dec 11, 2019, 8:10:32 AM12/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
Τη Τρίτη, 1 Οκτωβρίου 2019 - 9:17:48 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης HC Haase έγραψε:
I would like to know this to.. tiddlymap is powerful, but also hard to make structured. I would wish that there was a way to auto align nodes.

I don know how to do it with tiddlymap but, you could use tidgraph. If you have a tree hierarchy it produce very nice tree mind maps and is lightweight (but still configurable). but it can't handle many to many relations like tiddlymap.

Dear friends,
I'd like to second both of the above, if I may: wish that there was a way to auto align nodes in tiddlymap. Also, handling many to many relations with tidgraph.
Thank you
sklpns

Ste Wilson

Jan 10, 2020, 3:49:49 AM1/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I e-mailed the chap who put the site together...
He says...

So I used a quite powerful desktop software called VYM (https://sourceforge.net/projects/vym/) to create my disciplinary maps, and I exported them as png background images for tiddlymap. Then, I superimposed separate nodes that can be hovered for the definitions. Additionally, I created two invisible transparent empty nodes at the corners of each maps for the purpose of centering the view. I know it is kind of a makeshift job, but it looks the way I wanted. Of course, it would be great if tiddlymap could auto-align nodes, but I do not think is it possible at the moment, at least in the version I used.