Is there a TiddlyClip/TiddlySnip addon successor?

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 4:59:43 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello all,

I was used to use TiddlySnip (a browser addon; it let you create a Tiddler from selected text from websites) extensively. After using Google search here as well as anywhere else, it seems there is no successor to it.

Am I right? Thanks for any hints to a maybe existing solution.

Birthe C

May 2, 2020, 5:09:15 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tiddlyclip You should read it to make sure you got the link to the browser extension also, and get it installed,

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 4:23:03 PM5/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Birthe C

I got the error I already got when I tested it a couple of days ago:

I used the [[New to TiddlyClip]] link from your url. Firefox 75.0 (64-bit) Windows OS here.

Birthe C

May 2, 2020, 4:33:00 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Did you get the extension from https://github.com/buggyj/tiddlyclip/releases ? That is what I did, and it still works.
If that does not work for you, I really have no idea, sorry.

Birthe

Mark S.

May 2, 2020, 4:44:11 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Birthe,

I'm not getting an error, but it doesn't seem to work on my Linux FF75. What version of FF are you using?

Birthe C

May 2, 2020, 4:52:42 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mark S,

I am using linux and firefox 75. I just tested it still works.

Birthe

Mark S.

May 2, 2020, 5:09:00 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Oops. I take it back. It works fine. Mental block -- I tested without having the plugin installed. Hmm, what's the icon for embarrassment again?

Petruschka

May 3, 2020, 11:35:10 AM5/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I think I found the solution as well as the problem here.

You must disable (set to FALSE) both values in your Firefox configuration: xpinstall.signatures.required and xpinstall.whitelist.required

Be careful with that and consider to turn it on again after installing TiddlySnip successfully!