How to force tag macro popup in the sidebar to overlap the story river?

talha131

Aug 26, 2020, 11:28:59 AM8/26/20
to TiddlyWiki

When I click on the tag pill inside More tab in the sidebar, the popup is cut by the story river.

How do I make the tag pill pop to overlap the story river?

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 19.35.21.png

I am using Tiddlywiki 5.1.23-prerelease with Mono theme from JD.

I have investigated that the z-index of the pop up <span class="tc-drop-down tc-reveal tc-popup". It is correctly set to 1000. Issue is that this pop up is a child of div class="tc-sidebar-scrollable", which has a fixed width.

An imperfect solution is to add these two CSS rules to tc-sidebar-scrollable

z-index: 10000;
width: 500px;

Now the pop up correctly overlaps the story river,

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 20.25.43.png

But now certain portion of the story river becomes unclickable. Obviously, because now the sidebar is overlapping it.

The solution I am looking for should only make the tag pill pop up overlap the story river.

How can I do it? Any help or tip would be greatly appreciated.

talha131

Aug 26, 2020, 11:59:32 AM8/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Another imperfect solution.

```css
.tc-sidebar-scrollable {
  z-index: 100000;
}

div.tc-vertical:nth-child(3) > div:nth-child(3) {
  position: fixed;
}

.tc-popup {
  width: 100%;
}
```

This makes the popup overlap the story river, but the popup does not scroll.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 20.58.46.png

Eric Shulman

Aug 26, 2020, 1:59:06 PM8/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 8:28:59 AM UTC-7, talha131 wrote:

When I click on the tag pill inside More tab in the sidebar, the popup is cut by the story river.

Have you tried
.tc-sidebar-scrollable { overflow:visible; }

This should avoid having the child tc-popup clipped to the sidebar width.

However... it might also allow other sidebar content (e.g., long tiddler titles) to overflow into the story river.
In this case, you might have to add "overflow:hidden;" to some of the other sidebar-scrollable child elements.

If you were to post a link to an online copy of your TW, I could experiment a bit and possibly suggest a better workaround.

-e

talha131

Aug 26, 2020, 3:13:51 PM8/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you for your response Eric.

Have you tried
.tc-sidebar-scrollable { overflow:visible; }

This should avoid having the child tc-popup clipped to the sidebar width.

This was the first thing that I tried. Sadly, it did not work.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 00.11.02.png

If you were to post a link to an online copy of your TW, I could experiment a bit and possibly suggest a better workaround.

That's very generous of you. Much appreciated!

I have attached a sample TW with this response. It has all my configuration (which is not much, comparing to the TW gurus on this forum), and a few tags and tiddlers to demonstrate the issue.

tiddlywiki.html