Export All

john mcginnis

May 16, 2020, 8:03:26 PM5/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Is there a way to cause tiddlers into a specific order using the 'Export All' function?

I tried using the Tiddler Manager and it seems to have not effect on an export.

Thanks.

TonyM

May 16, 2020, 10:46:50 PM5/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
John,

What do you mean by export all?, is this in advanced search?, or in the page controls in the sidebar?

The page control export all can be found here

$:/core/ui/Buttons/export-page

If you open that tiddler, clone or edit its filter

When do you discover the order is not what you wanted?

The import process is the next time most people see the order of tiddlers.

Regards
Tony

john mcginnis

May 17, 2020, 11:25:10 AM5/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
TonyM,

The export all that I refer to is located on the sidebar 'Tools' tab.

I have three tiddlers:

Introduction
Example Screens
Exercise

I want them in exactly that order when I use the 'export all' tool to a static html page. The export works fine but the static page output it is never in the order I desire.

Any way to achieve that effect?

Thanks.

john McGinnis

Lumos

May 17, 2020, 12:09:54 PM5/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hey John,

Whenever you export using advanced search with a filter expression, the order of the tiddlers in the resulting static page will match the order shown as search results. To order a small number of tiddlers in a specific manner, you can feed them as separate lists:
[[Introduction]] [[Example Screens]] [[Exercise]]

As your number of tiddlers increases, you can supplement this with other filters and lists and prepend/append tiddlers to modify the order at least to some extent.

I'd also be interested to know if there's another method to achieve a similar result.

Best,
Lumos

john mcginnis

May 17, 2020, 12:56:11 PM5/17/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Lumos,

Your suggestion worked perfectly. Thanks!

John McGinnis