[INTRO] markdown-it plugin alpha

PMario

Dec 16, 2017, 1:50:28 PM12/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi folks

I did push an alpha version of a markdown-it TiddlyWiki plugin [1] to the web. It started with a feature request on github [2] by n8sabes, which was closed. ... So I did create new issue [3] and created an alpha grade plugin.

Since August, there hasn't been much discussion and since I did start the "What if?" topic [4] here in the group, I did want to make the link more public.

Here it is:
[1] https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/markdown-it/#HelloThere:HelloThere%20MarkdownExample

have fun!
mario

[2] https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki/issues/193
[3] https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/2855#issuecomment-301169823
[4] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/iC1ZNZHVU8A

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 16, 2017, 3:25:07 PM12/16/17
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao PMario

That is a seriously good piece of work. Hat off to you!!!

Its clearly illustrates TW's flexibility on markup. Especially how you could incorporate configuration settings. Impressive.

I will play more over next few days before more comment.

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Dec 18, 2017, 7:18:37 AM12/18/17
to TiddlyWiki
PMario

FYI. This has had some positive responses on Twitter from serious users there. https://twitter.com/TiddlyTweeter/status/942123835104559105

Look at the likes.

J, x

Mark S.

Dec 18, 2017, 10:27:19 AM12/18/17
to TiddlyWiki
That's very nice. It would be great if something like this could be adopted for mark-up. The current TW5 mark-up doesn't match any wiki or markdown standard -- not even that of TWC! I'm always having to rummage through tiddlywiki.com for formatting info. I really expected that TW5 would have WYSIWYG editing, since this is the way everyone is moving.

Is there a way to adjust features like the color of the horizontal and vertical lines? The lines for horizontal lines and blockquotes are nearly invisible on my screen. Same for the highlight mark-up.

Thanks!
Mark