[offtopic] [Humour] The Word 'tiddled' in the news

Mark S.

Jan 9, 2021, 1:49:10 PM1/9/21
to TiddlyWiki

Charlie Veniot

Jan 9, 2021, 3:49:49 PM1/9/21
to TiddlyWiki
That was fun.  Thanks, Mark !

Because I see everything as intertwingled, "The Gentlemen" (the Guy Ritchie movie) came to mind.

And my favourite quote in that movie: "There's f@#%ery afoot."

And with discussions lately about the names "TiddlyWiki" and "Tiddler", I suddenly thought:  "There's tiddlery afoot."

Which has me liking "TiddlyWiki" and "Tiddler" even more so now as I imagine all the potential spawning of product-related fun vocabulary.

Tiddlerocracy?   Tiddlyfication?

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 22, 2021, 4:00:53 AM1/22/21
to TiddlyWiki
"Take A Tiddle", in parts of Britain at least, refers to the act of micturition. This generally is performed by men in a suitably hidden place. Like behind a bush.
Phrases like "I need to take a tiddle" are not totally unknown. And, by extension, "He is often a Tiddler" is often merely testament to aging equipment.

BUT There is NOTHING grotesque in it.
I do NOT think it is any kind of blot on normal usage for "Tiddler".
It is simply normal English language flexibility (which is vast; being a feature of the language) that there is more than one meaning to words.

Best wishes
TT

Charlie Veniot

Jan 22, 2021, 9:40:31 AM1/22/21
to TiddlyWiki
It still seams kind of à propos as per how this sponge functions.

Often, my TiddlyWiki process is much like taking a tiddle.  Sometimes a nice and steady flow/stream, sometimes not so much.

"I tiddle."  I rather like the double-entendre: as in "I am working with TiddlyWiki, busily creating tiddlers", and "I am taking a piddle behind a bush."

Of course, I could simultaneously be literally doing one while metaphorically doing the other, as in "I am taking a piddle behind a bush" more in line with "taking the piss" (i.e. "to take liberties at the expense of others, or to be unreasonable")

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 26, 2021, 8:05:33 AM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
A "TIDDLE" is a wee. Everyone knows that in Britain.

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 26, 2021, 8:13:59 AM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Often, my TiddlyWiki process is much like taking a tiddle.  Sometimes a nice and steady flow/stream, sometimes not so much.

"I tiddle."  I rather like the double-entendre: as in "I am working with TiddlyWiki, busily creating tiddlers", and "I am taking a piddle behind a bush."

It is actually pertinent to real usage.   Though you will NEVER be able to change a Tiddler into a Piddler.

Best wishes
TT

Charlie Veniot

Mar 26, 2021, 9:47:08 AM3/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
A Tiddle, also known as a wee
A Piddle, also known as a pee
Each usable interchangeably
However, for "small", can be said wee
So a wee Tiddle or wee Piddle or wee pee
In context we can add "have a pee pee"
All bets are off when we get to wee wee
That's a pecker.
Or willy.