[INTRO] WikiLabs Plugin Library

PMario

Jun 12, 2020, 6:59:33 AM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Folks,

I did create a WikiLabs plugin library, that allows everyone to import all my plugins, using the same mechanism as you do with TW plugins.

To get started just open the link above and "drag and drop" import the "green button" into your wiki.

The link contains a library configuration tiddler, that points to the "latest" version of the plugin library.

Importing plugins can be done using the ControlPanel : Plugins : Get more plugins   button.

  • Using the library makes it simple, for authors, to define dependencies eg. for themes.
  • It makes it simple for users. They can import plugins + dependencies with 1 click ;)
  • You can see, which plugins are already installed, or which plugins are available for update
  • No need to remember where you got your WikiLabs plugins from

A short intro video is in the making and will be linked here.

have fun!
mario

PS - If you USE it: Support it :)

PPS - There is a new version of the UNI-LINK plugin, which is compatible with relink 1.10.0

TW Tones

Jun 12, 2020, 8:25:42 AM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mario

Thanks so much for packaging your plugins in a library and integration of the alias plugin with relink. Many of your plugins open many possibilities and all are very professional and a most valuable community contribution.

We are fortunate to have you in the tiddlyverse.

Regards
Tony

Mohammad Rahmani

Jun 12, 2020, 11:38:12 AM6/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mario
 Many thanks for creating and sharing the Wikilab plugin library! We need more of these (hope other developer create and share)
 This is one step forward in having third party plugin libraries to let users simply find and install plugins/themes.

Best wishes
Mohammad

PMario

Jun 12, 2020, 11:54:43 AM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony, Mohammad,

Thanks!

As I made the library I thought about the possibility to share "bundles" in a similar way. ...

As you know, bundles are a "collection" of tiddlers. Prose text _and_ plugins if needed. Prose text tiddler are not "shadowed" in bundles. So they can be removed. ...

One problem is, it's not possible to create a dependency to a 3rd party plugin. .. But it would be possible to include a doc-tiddler that links to a "needed" 3rd party plugin. With this mechanism it wouldn't be needed to directly include a plugin, into a bundle, that may already be "older".

just some thoughts
mario

Saq Imtiaz

Jun 12, 2020, 1:34:27 PM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Maybe.... the core needs to start shipping with a list of plugin libraries, where each can be added with a single click (after the necessary disclaimers)

Just a thought.
Saq

Mohammad Rahmani

Jun 12, 2020, 4:04:39 PM6/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Saq! good idea!

 Maybe a checkbox can activate libraries from third parties! Each library config tiddler is around a Kb!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Joshua Fontany

Jun 12, 2020, 8:30:55 PM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Excellent work! I'm looking at this distribution method myself, mahalo (thanks!) for the template! Now to get the other projects in shape. :P

Also, thanks again for Uni-Link!

Best,
Joshua F