Query: Is showing of a LITERAL "backtick" impossible in a WikiText code block?

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 25, 2019, 10:30:46 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
I was wondering: HOW you would show a "backtick" inside a WikiText "code" block. I guess you can't?

What is the easiest way round the issue?

Any ideas?

Best wishes
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 25, 2019, 10:31:27 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Email repeat ...
Message has been deleted

Jeremy Ruston

Nov 25, 2019, 11:38:52 AM11/25/19
to 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
Hi TiddlyTweeter

You can use single backticks literally within code blocks:

This is a

```
Code block`with a tick
```

If you define a code block run with double backticks then you can use literal single backticks within it:

A ``code run with a tick` like this ``

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On 25 Nov 2019, at 15:31, TiddlyTweeter <Tiddly...@assays.tv> wrote:

Email repeat ...

TiddlyTweeter

Nov 25, 2019, 2:02:19 PM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Jeremy

Very clever & very useful ... my understanding now ...

``To use single ticks in inline code you can like this... `ticked`.``

Renders as ...

Annotation 2019-11-25 195554.jpg

 That enables display of single backticks BY wrapping in double backticks.

```
The code for the last example can also be shown by wrapping with triple backticks...
``To use single ticks in inline code you can like this... `
ticked`.``
```

Renders as ...

Annotation 2019-11-25 195633.jpg

 This enables both single and double backticks BY wrapping in triple backticks.

Good stuff!
TT