Honing the Baby: Editor Snippets Dropdown Sectioning? How?

TiddlyTweeter

Dec 3, 2019, 6:51:43 AM12/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
The Editor's Stamp/Snippets tool is very useful ... BUT is can get unwieldy in that it has no direct way to display sections??

I been using a bodge system (using alphabetics, excess spaces & "pseudo" snippets) to produce a menu that looks like ...

Screenshot_2019-12-03 TidBits Favicons — juicy boring favicons.png

Is there a better way to section Editor Snippets?

Best wishes
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Dec 3, 2019, 6:52:44 AM12/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Repeat for those on email ...

----

TonyM

Dec 3, 2019, 5:08:59 PM12/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
TT

It's fiddly but you could have additional snipit drop down buttons acting as a section.

There are sectioning tools for dropdowns see Option Groups in the selectWidget

Also in your example, are these simple strings you want to insert, rather wrapping existing texts etc..?

If so perhaps just a copy to clipboard would be just as easy?

Attached is my system tag for the sideBar More menu which allows you to copy a system tag to the clipboard. Perhaps you could modify this to copy your snipits to clipboard?

Regards
Tony
system-tags-more.bundle.json

TonyM

Dec 3, 2019, 5:12:57 PM12/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
TT,

I am a little concerned about your terminology

Honing the Baby

I hope you are "refining] or perfect[ing] [The baby] over a period of time." rather than using a knife to Hone a Baby into a point/Sharpen the baby.

Tony