Is there a plugin provide right click context menu?

Lin Onetwo

Apr 12, 2020, 3:33:08 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
In Notion, right mouse click on a block can perform following useful refactor action:

  • change color of underlying block
  • turn a text into page ( refactor  extract to a new page)
  • move to (refactor move to another page)
  • turn a text into a list or checkbox
And in tiddlywiki I would it also have:

  • find source tiddler of transclusion
  • see help page of a macro
  • add tag to tiddler (on view mode)
  • editing other things on view mode
  • send tw message

Is there an existing context menu plugin to do so? I didn't found one by search.

Is it possible to implement these feature? I guess using tw message some of them can be achieve.

TonyM

Apr 12, 2020, 4:07:59 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Lin,

We tend to achieve many of the same things by other methods. A plugin to define r-click was recently published.

I think as you learn more about tiddlywiki you will find equally efficient methods to achieve the same, you could build your own editor toolbar buttons,

  • Change color of underlying block use an editor toolbar to wrap text in @@styleorclass Your content@@
  • turn a text into page ( refactor  extract to a new page) Clone Button?
  • move to (refactor move to another page) Not sure
  • turn a text into a list or checkbox the editor toolbar currently allows select and OL o UL each line, you could make one for checkboxes.
And in tiddlywiki I would it also have:

  • find source tiddler of transclusion the tiddlername in the key, I would need to see the full implementation for a solution here
  • see help page of a macro, I add a macro-macroname field when I define macros with the syntax in the field and have a custom list of all macros.
  • add tag to tiddler (on view mode) - Too easy, numerous ways
  • editing other things on view mode - Sometimes tricky but with tips easy
  • send tw message - Needs a trigger eg button, but there are plugins for startup, trigger on change or the use of an existing button

Is there an existing context menu plugin to do so? I didn't found one by search.

The Basic editor does not have one. Codemissor plugins introduce quite a few features

I have in the past used the non code mirror editor and edit in external application to make use of other tools to edit a tiddler with any features I want.

Is it possible to implement these feature? I guess using tw message some of them can be achieve.

All can be achieved but first consider the native way in Tiddlywiki, then modified methods, then consider developing a solution.

You clearly have some skills the community can use, askus to gain new skills and contribute your ideas/skills as well.

Regards
Tony

Lin Onetwo

Apr 12, 2020, 6:43:50 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

Thank you for so detailed comment!

I will try out those native ways that I haven't used before.

I will do some experiment on this, hoping to reduce the learning curve by integrating things into context menu, maybe the context menu can be another "equally efficient methods to achieve the same"

在 2020年4月12日星期日 UTC+8下午4:07:59,TonyM写道:

Mat

Apr 12, 2020, 6:54:33 AM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Lin Onetwo if you succeed with a custom right click menu then please share it (ideally as a plugin). This sounds very useful.

<:-)

Mohammad

Apr 12, 2020, 1:02:12 PM4/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Lin,
 Go ahead! this will be a useful addition if you make it!

--Mohammad